One step closer to our goal:
In our quest for becoming a leading beverage company in the field of impact, 2022 has proved to be another great year of progress. Our impact in the beverage market keeps growing thanks our current high recyclable range of products and our work for developing a refillable solution, that will reduce the carbon footprint in more than 11 times. We have recertified the real recyclability of our cans by Driade SM and SGS, being of an outstanding
98% real recyclability .
We consistently keep working in our mission of showing the greatness of the ocean as well as its fragility, working hand by hand with our clients in ocean awareness, reaching more and more kids and young people through our schools program and social media as well as with our beach cleanups and supporting ocean marine science projects.
As much as we care for the ocean we care of our people. In 2022 he have implemented new flexibility working and parenting policies. During 2022 we have started an internal learning program called Inspira to increase the knowledge in topics such as marine conservancy, climate change, etc for our team.
THE BEACH CLEANERS
- 1,095 T OF TRASHES COLLECTED (5,5T SINCE 2019)
- 2769 VOLUNTEERS (6419 SINCE 2019)
- 37 BEACH CLEAN UP ORGANIZED
- 823 kids reached by our YOUTH EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM (7493 SINCE 2019)
- SPREADING THE WORD: We participated in 35 conferences (total 1060 people from business schools & companies) spreading the word for ocean protection
- 3,3 MILLIONS PLASTIC BOTTLES OUT OF THE MARKET
- CIRCULARITY TRAINING PROGRAM IMPLANTED WITH 15 CLIENTS (120 PEOPLE TRAINED)
- 2 CIRCULAR PROJECTS – 10.000 CANS COLLECTED & RECYCLED WITH K-NET PARTAGE NGO
- WE PARTNERED UP WITH 10 PUBLIC EVENTS HELP
THEM BECOMING NO PLASTIC EVENTS
Recognizing that climate change poses a threat to the economy, nature and society at large, our company commits to take action immediatelyOcean52 has signed the SME Climate Commitment (Small&Medium Enterprise Commitment) for reducing our corporate carbon footprint. Signing this commitment we agree to start taking action immediately toward three core aims:
- halving emissions by 2025
- achieving net zero by 2030
- disclosing progress every year
Joining the SME Commitment community as other B Corp have already done we are closer to making a greater impact in our climate. In doing so, we are proud to be recognised by the United Nations Race to Zero campaign, and join governments, businesses, cities, regions, and universities around the world that share the same mission.